Week 2 - Spartan Superway

In the first week of the fall 2017 semester, I decided to rejoin the Spartan Superway for my senior project in order to continue the progress I made over the summer. During the summer I was working with the solar team, but this semester I will be working on the 1/12th scale project, where I will be building the control systems along with Andi Khosravi and Ben Trump.

During the first week in the St. John station, we began with a quick tour of the facility and were separated into our groups. I not only met the other members of my team, but also everyone else who will be working on the 1/12th scale platform. 

Our task is to create a new outer loop based on the new Futran design. I will begin looking into the previous reports and codes to see what we will be able to reuse with the new design. Because we do not really have a foundation right now, it is difficult to plan what components will be needed for each bogie, but hopefully we will be able to come up with a design that fits all the requirements for the Futran track system. I am looking forward to beginning this project and hope to build a test model that completely satisfies all the requirements.

Comments